As a UX researcher for the past five years, Stavros can research and design for user experiences. He has recently submitted his 4-year Doctor of Philosophy dissertation in human-computer interaction. During the first year, Stavros worked in collaboration with external partners (Jaguar Land Rover) and stakeholders who funded my project running co-creation sessions to enrich the industrial and societal relevance of my studies. Stavros explored the automotive domain limitations and designed a remote interactive system to support participatory UX activities in autonomous vehicles. The way people can be actively involved in co-designing for experiences mediated by a computer is part of his research work. Stavros is focusing on the analysis of rich qualitative data on what the participants say, do, and make reporting on their explicit, observable, tacit and latent needs. Ethnographic Interviewing, paper prototyping, think-aloud protocol and other methods used in Human-computer interaction and UX research helped him at his work to frame rich, actionable insights. Even though quantitative work in UX is not the focus of his most recent studies, his previous work in designing and analyzing questionnaires helped him either triangulate the collected data or generalize the findings when it was arguably necessary. Previously he mastered research through design and the areas of user-centered design, design thinking, vision in product design, design development and brand-driven Innovation which helped him gain a holistic understanding of design science in the context of HCI.
TOPICS OF RESEARCH
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Experience Design
- Contextual design
- Usability engineering
- UX for Automotive
- In-vehicle Interactions
- Participatory Design
- Remote Communication
- UXD_UXDRM 19/20 & 20/21: Qualitative UX Design Research & Methods (Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt)
- UXD_DMMS 19/20 & 20/21: Design of Human-Machine Interfaces (Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt)
- UXDM_RM 2020: Research Methods in HCI (Master)
- UXD_UXDS_FW 2020: User experience design strategy
- UXD_PLV2 19/20 & 20/21: Vorbereitendes Praxisseminar (PLV1) (Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt)
- UXD_PLV2 19/20 & 20/21: Nachbereitendes Praxisseminar (PLV2) (Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt)
- UXD_TMIP 19/20 & 20/21: Practical Technique of Human-Machine Interaction (Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt)
- CS2017, 16/17: Usability Engineering and UX (Brunel University London)
- BKB2013 11/12: Technology Management (Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University)
- Tasoudis, S., & Perry, M. (2018a). Participatory Prototyping to Inform the Development of a Remote UX Design System in the Automotive Domain. Multimodal Technologies and Interaction, 2(4), 74. https://doi.org/10.3390/mti2040074
- Tasoudis, S., & Perry, M. (2018b). RAUX. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications – AutomotiveUI ’18, 225–229. https://doi.org/10.1145/3239092.3268264
- Tasoudis, S., & Perry, M. (2016). Mediated participatory design, for contextually aware in-vehicle experiences. AutomotiveUI’16 Adjunct Proceedings. MI, US.
CERTIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
- QUALITATIVE RESEARCH Introductory workshop 13/11/2015
- Qualitative Research Methods Researching Beneath the Surface: Ethnography 02/06/2016
- Qualitative Research Methods Researching Beneath the Surface: The senses and qualitative methods 06/07/2017
- Organizational Influence – shaping and enhancing your research environment 07/12/2015
- Networking: How to network effectively (Bite-sized workshop) 14/04/2016
- Time management: How to manage your time better (Bite-sized workshop) 04/11/2015
- Literature Reviews: Structured Searching for Quality Results 15/06/2015
- Research Integrity: isn’t it Obvious? 21/10/2015
- Research Ethics – Processes and Procedures 17/02/2016
- 2-Day Introduction to teaching for Postgraduate Research Students 08/09/2015
- 2nd Place in the Greek Open Idea competition for the design and implementation of the Greek e-reader and its content
management system. In press, Pc World Magazine, Featured Cover-Story, In search of the Greek e-book
COMMUNITIES AND SOCIETIES
- UXPA UK member (2years)
- SIGCHI member (4 years)
- GermanUPA ( )
- Postgraduate and Research students Society Web officer (2 years)
- CS Postgraduate and Research Rep (3years)
- Hellenic and Cypriot Society Chair (2 years)
- Qualitative user experience research new tools and methods.
- UXD research methods for fully automated in-vehicle experiences.
- UX design strategy and user-centered design conceptualization.
- Brain-computer interaction (BCI) for qualitative research triangulation.
- In-vehicle Activity for highly automated vehicles and Non-driving-related tasks
To the site owner:
Action required! Mendeley is changing its API. In order to keep using Mendeley with BibBase past April 14th, you need to:
- renew the authorization for BibBase on Mendeley, and
- update the BibBase URL in your page the same way you did when you initially set up this page.